Thursday, May 24, 2007

Saraba means Farewell

All my life I have been searching.

Since I gained a consciousness, I have been looking for my place in life. My reason for existence. I left my home town 7 years ago, hoping that I will find my place here. I almost succeeded, however it still eludes me not because of lack of trying. And now, I'm back to square one. Once again leaving in search of my raison d'etre.

My new search begins when I leave this Sunday. This time, I sincerely hope that I will find what I have been searching for. To another country I flee, chasing after my raison d'etre. But what happens if I fail again? To keep searching. This is the purpose of life I believe. Yet, many never find their reason for existence. Nevertheless, they continue to live. Are they happy?

What happens when you lose your raison d'etre? If you lose it, there is no reason to continue. So you seek a means to an end. A path I will inevitably take.

I swear never to return to this place that forsakes me. I leave all the people I have touched behind. Never to see their faces again. For they have given me nothing. I leave bearing the burdens and pains I began with and have gained on this journey. I leave this fallacy behind.

Saraba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home