Friday, September 15, 2006

An Epidemic

What is the world coming to when the sanctity of intra-racial relationships is breached by the growing epidemic of inter-racial dating? More commonly, Caucasians dating Asians, this is known as 'Yellow Fever'.

I don't know how, I don't know when, but I suspect that 'Yellow Fever' was born when Hollywood started pairing up Asians with non-Asians. At first, it wasn't really widespread. But as Hollywood continued to churn out movies, depicting Asian women as exotic, desirable objects, did 'Yellow Fever' really catch on. Now it has become common place to see Asian-non-Asian couples. Normally I don't have a problem with this. Good for society, that we are all able to overlook our racial and ethnic boundaries, the fight against racism may be having a beneficial outcome for all of us.

However! Notice how these relationships feature Asian women with Caucasian men. I have only ever seen one inter-racial relationship that features an Asian man with a Caucasian woman. But many many, I'd even go so far as to say, uncountable Caucasian men pairing themselves up with Asian women.

There is a very thin line to cross. As I was driving, I glanced into the rear view mirror, and what did I see? A balding Caucasian man that I can only describe as middle aged, maybe slightly older, cuddling with an Asian girl, approximately half his age. For some reason, that really irked me. Maybe its because I am of Asian decent, and the sight of an older Caucasian man feeling up a younger Asian girl breaches some kind of unspoken taboo instinct. Ever get the feeling that somethings are just wrong but you can't explain why? Its just wrong. Granted these kinds of things are everywhere nowadays. Maybe I'm just narrowing my scope to inter-racial relationships.

But don't you know its dangerous to drive while feeling up a hot Asian chick?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home